- Feb 2 - The last German forces in Stalingrad surrender
- May 13 - The long North Africa campaign ends. The Allies control North Africa
- May 22 - 41 German U-boats sunk in 3 weeks. Doenitz retreats all U-boats from the North atlantic
- Jul 5 - The battle of Kursk begins
- Jul 10 - The Allies invade Sicily
- Jul 25 - Mussolini is replaced and arrested.
- Aug 10 - The Germans know the Enigma was decoded, but believe the new types and procedures are safe again.
- Sep 3 - The Allies invade Italy's mainland
- Sep 8 - Italy surrenders. The German forces in northern and central Italy occupy it
- Sep 25 - The Russians liberate Smolensk
- Oct - Allied anti submarine bases established in the Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
- Nov 6 - The Russians liberate Kiev
- Nov 19 - The Marines land in Tarawa
- Nov - Rommel takes command of the "atlantic wall" in the French coast
- Dec - P-51 fighters provide all-the-way long range escort to bombers over Germany
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.